Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: What do I have?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lw2962's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently purchased at a garage sale an Altec Lansing Corp. Model 730A. On the horn is a number, KS12025. What do I have? Is it a speaker? What can I connect it to?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Lee, need more info. Is there anything on the cab or the woof. Can you post a pic? Cheers.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member David Yost's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2002
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 730A is a horn driver, and the other number is the horn type, but I'm not familiar with it...may be an IPC #. I think the 730A was a phenolic diaphragmed alnico conpression driver used primarily for PA use. Something like 300-3000 cps.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member David Yost's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2002
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    we ks12025 1we ks12025 2

    Might be W.E.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    The 730 driver was a WE design that Altec kept building. They were actually pretty good for what they were designed to do.

    Those KS horns were also WE designs that Altec kept building into the late 50's. The later 311-series is similar to the KS series.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.